Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Reading Eval.

At the beginning of the semester, I was shocked by how many reading options were available.  It definitely helped me find an interest in the material. 
I really enjoyed the Twenty-Two Goblins unit, which surprised me.  I think it was the fact that it turned out to be a trickster story that really interested me.  Those are always fun to read.  I also like reading about Ovid, though I had read some of the stories before for other classes. 
I don’t know that I really had much of a strategy when it came to the reading diaries.  I mostly tried to focus on the text.  Anytime something made me pause or left me wondering about something, I wrote it down.  I also wrote down a lot of quotes that caught my attention.
I think that this class has a really good balance.  I’ve taken online classes before, and this is the first one that I felt like I knew something about any of my classmates.  The writing part was really enjoyable to me without being overwhelming.  The readings sometimes felt a little long, but it was definitely manageable, especially with the variety of reading choices we had.

My advice would be to be flexible with your plan.  For one of the assignments, I listed out all the different readings that I would like to do, but I’m pretty sure that I ended up picking completely different units when the time finally came.  This is a really fun class and choosing what stories you read was a large part of that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment