Thursday, August 20, 2015

Week 1 Curation

I’ve used Pinterest and Twitter before, but I’ve never really thought of the as curation sites.  That’s exactly what they are though.  As for bookmarks, I’ve used them a few times and am familiar with how they work.  I usually don’t use them, though.  I’ve never really thought of using sites like Pinterest for school purposes, but I can definitely see the benefits of it. 

I think that I definitely would like to learn to manage information better online.  The site that I use most for curation would be Tumblr.  It makes searching for certain types of posts really easy.  They also have a mobile sight so you can browse on the go.  I’m not really sure what suggestions I can offer in regards to curation, but I am excited to see how we will share things throughout the semester.
Tumblr Homepage, screenshot of my Tumblr account

2 comments:

  1. That sounds great, Nicole! So many people are mentioning Tumblr, and the Known I set up for class definitely has some things in common with Tumblr, and also some things that are kind of like Twitter... it's a sort of hybrid! The word "curation" is kind of clunky, but it does manage to include ALL these tools that we use to find, save, and share cool stuff online. I'm excited to see what we can do with it by working together this semester too!

    Happy Friday, and thanks again for getting started early with the class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never a big fan of Pinterest, but I do use twitter. I never thought of it was a curation site either. Sometimes I think that the internet is overwhelming. I definitely think that learning how to curate would be beneficial. I have never used tumbler before but would be interested to see if that helps when searching for information.

    ReplyDelete